James,

I think you are right about Mike Otto. I was totally impressed with him at the Saturday session.

I don't know if he would come to East Texas, but I am going to try to get him in on the planning. I just don't have enough money to be able to afford making mistakes on this project...and I believe Mike could be invaluable in that regard even if he couldn't come to East Texas.

My current dilemma is on the basic approach...i.e. one large pond or multiple (two or three) smaller ponds in a chain. I'm leaning heavily toward multiple smaller ponds for several reasons.

1) I'm convinced that a substantial part of my problems with LMB is related to fishing pressure. Multiple ponds really can help with that problem.

2) I like to do this stuff myself and by doing so, my meager supply of funds goes a lot further. It is much easier for me to tackle building a 2 to 4 acre pond or so than a much larger pond.

Do you happen to have Mike's e-mail adddress? I haven't seen him post on the Forum. I would really like to get in touch with him.