This is an old thread but I wanted to update my efforts. I tried a few times and have not been able to successfully reestablish shiners in the pond. I used fish raised artificially for bait and it seems the bass ate them all without th reproducing.

I just started what will likely be my last attempt. I put a 35’ minnow seine across a narrow section of the pond. I wrapped and zip-tied a metal chain around the bottom to get a good seal. Now there is an enclosed area of about 30’ x 30’. The depth of this section ranges from a couple inches up to about 4 feet. The bottom is mud and I threw branches in for cover and hopefully a place for eggs to be deposited.

I was able to locate a pond loaded with wild shiners but it is an hour and a half away. On Saturday, I caught 50 shiners averaging about 5-6 inches. I used a small hook and line. I put 20 in the enclosure and released 30 into the main part of the pond. I probably should have put them all in the enclosure but chose to see if these bigger, wild fish might be able to evade the bass. That was probably a mistake. I may go get 50 more this weekend. I let you know if it works.