Hello all I have made the same mistake it seems like a lot of folks have except I did it 3 times.I wanted around 1 acre pond hired guy to dig it and move dirt just out of his way and I would do the rest just dig and shape.That was the first 8000 wasted since then we have hired 2 more to just shape and partially because a lack of equipment knowledge or drive they didnt get it done but at least this time I didnt let them stick around long enough to do much more damage.Then the last 6 months 2 more guys wanted the dirt in return they would finish shaping pond anyway dirts gone ill wind up needing bond money and still no finished pond.I have skidsteers and tractors and will rent bulldozer/excavator which I can run fairly well.I tried just filling the hole up to cover up my shame but it wont hold water.I have been told I need a liner but my trust level isnt very high.My pond is in north fl. and mostly good clay with what we call pipe clay in the bottom.I think my problem is a few sand seams on sides.Does anyone think I could shape it correctly and spread good clay around and pack it well in lieu of a liner.Please anyone willing to have a conversation about any aspect of this will be greatly appreciated sorry its so long Thanks in advance

Attached Images
Resized_20240217_170905.jpg Resized_20240217_170902.jpg Resized_20240217_170909.jpg
Last edited by jbird5986; 02/17/24 06:17 PM.