I fished my pond for the first time 2 nights ago (constructed fall of 2022) for about 15 minutes with my girls. We caught 5 YP (11", 11", 10.75", 10.75", and 10") and 4 SBS (9", 9", 9", and 8"). The 11" YP and the 9" SBS were both a pound on the Boga (I need to get a nice digital scale for better accuracy). I started out with a vibric rooster tail and caught the first 11" YP, then switch to worms under a float and it was fast and furious! Culled all fish except the fattest 9" SBS, they made wonderful fish tacos last night!

My pond is between and 1/8th and 1/4 acre, currently trying to see how big I can get the YP and SBS. YP should hopefully be all female and I should be down to 32 of them, and down to 17 SBS. The YP started at 6-8" in March with 7 bonus bigger ones from Bill. I believe these that I caught to be from the 30 6-8"ers. The SBS were about 6-7" and went in in May, and are considerably fatter than they started.

This has been such a great experience learning from this community, and the family got to find out last night why I chose those tasty (not so anymore) little buggers.

[Linked Image from lh6.ggpht.com]