Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I bought my place a long time ago. Maybe 40+ years. I’m now 80 and pretty dependent on my son in law, grandson and his buddy for heavy physical stuff. Arthritis has hit me in the back so I have to be careful. But, I still write the checks and still mow my lawn. And, I still am the only one who knows enough about the land to make decisions and manage it. I don’t live there. All the family is in Fort Worth.

It’s worth many times what I paid for it and, it’s been paid off for a long time. Actually an insane amount due to huge migrations to Texas. Demand for rural property is out of sight. My phone never stops ringing But, I don’t need the money as much as I need a place to get away from EVERYTHING. I expect a lot of you guys understand this stuff. Right now, with temps running up to 110, I’m stuck in town and going nuts.

Dave, I get offers every month, but they are farcical. One-third of what I paid for the raw land in 2015, no pond, no roads, no nothing! I guess they are hoping to get someone senile or desperate to take advantage of.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160