Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Condello:
Cecil, what do you do about that hump/helmet thingie when you're creating a mount? Are you able to duplicate that very well?
Absolutely! I use a method to mount panfish knows as the half cast method. Basically I make an impression of the fish in plaster to use as a guide to mount the fish skin. If it has a hump it will have a hump in the finished mount. You can't get any closer than using a mold as a guide. I just finished a 1 lb. 6 oz. female that was full of eggs the size of a baseball. The bulge is there in the finished mount too.

Like I said your two gills are done. Driftwood for your two bluegills should arrive Monday. Once it arrives I'll get right to adding it to a base with habitat. You will be able to hang the gills on the wall or set it on a table etc. Either way.

Wished I could have taken a pic of a gill I got out of my bass pond the other day. (I think I mentioned this earlier.) He was as tall as he was long and couldn't have gone 10 inches (I didn't measure him as I wanted to get him into the perch pond ASAP) But I did weight him at 1 lb. 1/2 oz. If I had to guess only 9.5 inches.

BTW do you want to enter the above fish for catch and release of my website? I sure could use some entries. I must be missing something as I even had one person chew me out for having the web page! \:\(

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.