Originally Posted by anthropic
Originally Posted by emactxag
Texas Hunters consistently Leak.
Sweeney’s don’t do with that information what you will.

Thanks! By the way, do Sweeney's reliably throw 9.5 mm fish food? That's proven too large for my TH, inevitably causes a jam within a few days.
I wouldnt know affirmatively that they will throw that size feed but I have used genuine old cheap catfish food, that has some big pellets, zero problems, there is nothing I see about them that would keep them from it, there is no spacing or clearance issue that would restrict them, as I have heard people say about the TH feeders, some opening or space thing to adjust for feed size, nothing like that on the Sweeney, no adjustments, just a time thing for amount of feed thrown.
After 25 yrs, several minor replacement parts and resealing a couple dried out seals around the thing it performs like a brand new one still. I used a polyurethane caulk around the sight glass and a couple other spots a couple years ago when it started seeping a little and clumping feed and now its dry as a bone again, havent had a clump in a yr.
I do know the only thing that stopped it from feeding is a couple yrs ago I had a big clump of feed, a couple inches in dia, worked its way down and blocked the auger off.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.