Dave, glad to read your post, seems you became a fly fisherman largely based upon George and M/L's post. Thanks for the input on building your own! Sure gave me a lot of ideas, materials and confidence in the procedure. Will get a build your own kit and will chase ya down for more advice!

George..."the master of the pellet fly", thanks so much! No doubtably it is those unique ideas that produce. You are getting my mailing address on an email, and by the way...make that a rush order on the pellet flies, will be home in 4 weeks! The APO address will take a couple of weeks to deliver.

M/L may need some assitance with the Pom Pom flies! Your experience and posts I have a deep, sincere respect for. Though not super experienced with the HSB and stripers, have seen a lot of similarities between the PB (just love laying that acroynom on you all) and the stripers. The PB school, like stripers love to play / and have experienced "ping-pong" with top water. They are a real blast. My time in eastern NC coastal waters coupled with the HSB in Lake Eufala, AL fortify the similarities.

Though angling technique is not a major part of this forum it is a large part of our combined quest for enjoyment of the endeavor.

For all three (above) a sincere appreciation! Hopefully...I'll clog this site with photos of the success using the learned / used, know how. Sure it can be an enjoyment and learning experience for all.

For all of you...if you ever get the chance to come to Thailand, would be more than happy to invite you'all to the pond for some fishin' and night life if your schedule allows!

Don