Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by anthropic
Bald eagle 🦅 sightings. BIG HSB dominate feeders, aggressive fish and ferocious fighters. Will have to stop angling for them soon due to heat. Caught several around 8, lost a giant that couldn't be stopped.

Continue woes with feeders breaking down. I now have 6 feeders on site, but only 2 work. Given how expensive they are, this doesn't make me happy.

That sucks on the feeders. I wonder why they are giving you problems? If it helps any, here's what I do. I give them a good cleaning every Spring, I take them apart and scrape out any powdered food that is stuck to them, double check the connections, remove any spider webs, wash off the solar charger from any accumulated tree sap/dust/pollen and double check the spin plate to bottom of the hopper gap to make sure it's correct for the size feed that I'm throwing.

I am noticing that if I have the gap too big, the feed will pile up in the transfer port before it hits the air blower. I will cut back on the feed time but bump up the frequency if that happens, or adjust the spin plate up a hair.

Good info. Thanks!

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160