Better news from the feeder front: We were able to unstop one of them & restore function (at least for now). Also assembled & deployed another new feeder, so have 4 working. I've always used TH, but may want to check out Sweeney as well.

HSB reign supreme at my place, dominate feeding & fishing. We caught several in the 8 lb range, lost a real biggun that basically just took off & spooled the reel. But last evening my buddy hooked a monster that did NOT escape, set a new pond record. We didn't weigh it due to anxiety about taking it out of the water, but I think a 12! True highlight of his visit, perhaps the largest freshwater fish he's ever caught. Topwater trout imitator did the trick.

One tidbit: Unlike LMB, HSB don't head for cover when hooked. Almost every time, they take off for open water. Based on my admittedly limited experience, HSB are much less cover/structure oriented than LMB. I notice the same thing when tossing out big chunks of fish food.

Speaking of caulking, what kind is best for keeping out driving rain?

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160