Refilled two feeders, but couldn't reach one on the far side of the dam due to a fallen tree across the road. Hopefully will get this cut & moved later this week. Some large trees were killed during the controlled burn, figure they will come down eventually. Oh, well.

On the positive side, the main pond is full & standpipe overflowing nicely. Emergency spillway was not needed during prolonged rains, nor did forage pond overflow. It's the fullest I've ever seen due to pumping excess water from main pond a few weeks back.

Transferred several BG to forage pond, but was dismayed to discover my feeder didn't work despite fully charged battery. Only a couple years old, not sure what issue is. The forage pond is off the beaten path & I didn't use it at all last year due to drought, who knows what happened.

Speaking of BG, they are BIG. Fished around dock and had my 4 lb test line broken twice (drag not working well, but still) and lost another when the jig hook snapped (!). Had on a couple that I thought must be nice LMB, but turned out to be monster BG or CNBG. Stubby Steves on a flyrod were the ticket. Giant BG don't just fight in circles, they also make strong runs. Not used to that from panfish! Something long & large swirled next to one of the BG I was fighting, either LMB or HSB.

Saw plenty of tiny fish around dock, probably BG YOY. Not many intermediate sizes, though. Giant or tiny, that's all.

Mama goose must be on the nest, I only saw one moving around. No cormorants. First hummingbirds of the season appeared at our nectar feeders, good to see.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160