My 4th pond leaks, which is no doubt a result of being unable to seal sand veins with my small equipment (like quicksand and caved in badly when trying to dig out, and a bit dangerous). I have 3 well-sealed ponds (BG/LMB pond, SMB/YP pond, and a 3rd which is a future crappie/blue-catfish pond). While I may try to seal my 4th pond at a later date with Soilfloc, I will wait a few years to get a feel of how the water level fluctuates (last year was worst drought year so far in terms of drop in my other 3 ponds). I have FHM in this 4th pond and am thinking of adding warmouth since they appear to tolerate large water fluctuations, but am looking for other suggestions or complimentary species. Looking for something different from my other 3 ponds and would be nice to have something fun to catch if possible (warmouth seems to fit that purpose). This is about 0.4 acres when at full pool and is connected to a 0.4 acre wetland built at the same time which did not go dry last summer, but the connection to the pond area was severed. Only interested is species that will spawn. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by RAH; 02/17/23 01:05 PM.