I have a 12 acre tract I am completing building a house on in Georgia. I want to utilize a small creek on the property to build a 1/4 acre(or so) pond. The creek lies at the bottom of a large gully about 50 feet across and about 25 feet deep. Near where I would want my head end of the pond, the creek dives down into this canyon of sorts. What I am thinking is that I get my trackhoe guy to build a temp dam halfway down the proposed pond site to dam up the creek, then dig out the bottom half of the pond and build the dam (with a overflow pipe). Then when the dam is completed, bust the temp dam and dig the rest out with the trackhoe. The dam would be abot 25 feet wide so I can drive my tractor across it to bush hog in the woods during the year. With the canyon that is there being expanded, the pond would be about 100 foot wide and about 25 feet deep, and about 200 feet long... anyone see any issues right off the bat? I will post some pics asap, but by the way this site has been a huge help already. Thanks