Originally Posted by canyoncreek
The Blizzard of 'ought-22' is upon us.

Lake effect snow hitting and winds are right behind it... Bummer because I have 3" of clear ice on the edges, about 3.5" a few feet further in. Would be glorious skating if a bit thicker but now will have 20 or so inches of snow on it plus who knows how much drifting. Not sure how to get all that snow off with ice under it that can hardly support a man and a 2 stage snowblower...

This wind should blow a lot of the snow off of it. It's howling here. We had -10°F this morning and we aren't supposed to break +10°F until Monday morning.

Dave, not true about the coyotes being the only thing that kills and eats pigs too. Humans do. Like I've said before, coyotes eat more deer than pigs. If you were a hungry predator, which would you rather try to eat? A pig that is protected by a momma 24/7 that has sharp teeth or a fawn that is left alone while momma is off foraging for food for herself? I'd pick the fawn every day of the week.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).