Bobad,
The pacu are about 14" and approx. 2 lbs. I have had them since Mar 24 when they were 1 3/4". They are a kick to catch, they run side to side, adding their size to their pulling power. They are like the tilapia in that they are water temperature sensitive, however, they are not easy to breed and I am told will not in my pond. Both the tilapia and the pacu eat about any fruit or vegetable I throw to them. But, I have caught the tilapia on bread as well. I had a kid visit the other day and he caught 10 tilapia in 2 hours, on cabbage. He used a bamboo/cane pole and stood in the same place for the entire time.
The pacu's teeth are very human looking after a while. They start out looking tubular, uneven and sort of hollow, they must grind smooth as they age. The larger two year olds I saw had teeth that really looked human. All in all a fun fish, I have a lady who is doing some work in my pond and the pacu will nip her legs, not bite, just use their lips. She hasn't seen the teeth.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam