I didn’t know where else to post this. (So here it is) My wife found it cleaning out some boxes at her mother’s home. She recently moved her mom into a nursing home (93).
Was taken in 1977 (I think) or right about the time we got married. This is myself and my father in law. He took me fishing in a farm pond not too far from their home in Chillicothe Missouri. He was the assistant principal at the VoTech school. He knew every farm kid in the county, and had for several years, and had exclusive permission to fish many of the ponds. My first time pond fishing. We were on the water at first light. Using hula poppers, and jitter bugs for the most part, and boy did we catch a lot of fish. All the smaller ones, he would give the death grip to. Left them for the turtles, of which there were many.
After several tries, I’d finally get the hula popper near the bank, right where he wanted me to cast it. Then he’d tell me to just leave it there for a bit. Then it was, ok give it a twitch, then all heck would break loose. Haha! I will never forget it. When we got back to his house in town, he told my brand new wife, “I’ve ruined the boy, he will think it’s going to be this good every time we go out.”
[img]http://[/img][Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023