O.K, this wasn't "my" pond, but a customers. This also was yesterday, not today. His pond is stocked with Hybrid Bluegill and some Regular Bluegills, along with other fish. The banks are very steep 3:1 or steeper once you are in the water and he's having a heck of a time getting underwater weeds established in his pond, either due to turtles or crayfish.

SO, he had us get some Lily plants and some American Pondweed and he made some cages from PVC and hardware cloth to cover the plants so the craws/turtles couldn't eat them.

I was in the pond swimming and planting the plants when one of his bluegills latched on to a part of my skin and tried to rip it off. DANG that hurt!! It felt like it was about a 10" fish, and it seemed to grab and twist like a gator rolls when trying to rip off a piece of something to eat. I wasn't bleeding, but DANG that fish had TEETH and it sure hurt!!!!!

EWEST, where is that picture of the RES with red eyes and blood dripping from it's teeth? I had visions of that being the thing that grabbed me, except a BG/HBG and not a RES.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).