Originally Posted by snrub
How NOT to mow your pond bank edge.................

The main pond was so low and dry along the edge I just put one set of tires of the tractor down in the bank and mowed around the pond. Worked fine.

Then I went to the RES/SMB pond. Started working fine. Then as both the front and rear tire started squishing down into the pond and the front tire getting wet I remembered something. I had expanded that pond and in doing so had tapered only the top edge about three feet.........then it was a straight drop off to about 8 feet because the extension on the pond I did while the rest of the pond still was mostly full. So I basically cut a trench with the dozer on that end of the pond then raised the overflow pipe a foot. Well my tractor was crushing that vertical wall and I did not want to see how deep it still was. Of course my cab only has a left door (too cheap to buy the hinge and door handle for the right glass). And I went around the pond the wrong way so my door side was open to the water, Hmmmm.......probably did not think this one through. So I called my wife for help and crawled out through the back window onto the mower. That was not so easy for a 68 year old guy.

So we got a chain and the telehandler and pulled it right out, no worse for wear. I had tried one time to back it out before calling her and lets just say it was a tense moment as the tractor headed sideways for open water. Picture attached.

Senior moment??????

Yipes! I'll bet the material on the seat has a nicely pressed crease in the middle where your butt cheeks were clenched together trying to stay in the seat. LOL

In the 3rd pic from the bottom above of the CNBG, do they normally have that blue on the gills/face or could there be a hint of RES in that one?

I was asked this question by a customer and I honestly told him that I had no idea.

He asked "If the secchi disc reads 4 feet from above, how far down does a fish have to go to be completely in the dark?" His pond goes down to 28' max depth.

Can you fill in that bit of information?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).