I dug up three willow bushes coming up on the dam. Man are they heavy. After I pulled the last one out I grabbed a handful of FA and threw it back over the dam. Two tiny spotted fawns came bolting up out of the fescue on the back of the dam. Twins are ok as we took three does last fall.

I do have one question. I have a bunch of cottonwood trees coming up at the base of the back side of the dam. Must be 20 small trees. They cover about 30 yards across the mid section of the dam. My dam sits on the property line, so almost all of the trees are on my property. I’ve decided to remove them before they get bigger. My question is, doesn’t that signal where a leak would be? Aren’t cottonwoods attracted to water? I usually see them along creek or river banks. So, not a particularly good sign, but it does show me where my leak is.

FYI, it’s a small leak. We are in a near drought, and the pond is just down about 8”.

Thx
Jeff

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023