After adding 120# GSH Tuesday, added 100# TP today. Tons of algae, so they should do well. I've learned to tolerate large algae blooms early in the year, as they seem to help the fry and YOY survive. When TP are stocked, algae tends to wane pretty quickly.

Electro survey was encouraging. Relative weight was a below average 81 last fall, now up to average 90. I could see that even the smaller bass had more weight, though most had already spawned. Top LMB over 6#, another over 5. Biggest CNBG 1.6, the largest I've ever seen up close & personal. Should hit the magic 2# mark next year! Also a 7# class HSB which they released quickly rather than stressing it by keeping for exact measurement.

Keys to improvement seem to be A) survival & flourishing of TFS which feed the smaller LMB & HSB; B) increased LMB harvest last year, over 300 removed; and C) heavy liming last fall, resulting in a better bloom with fertilization this year. Water viz was excellent, around 18 - 20 inches, instead of the usual too clear 3 to 4 feet. Perhaps this contributed to seeing far fewer injuries from herons.

Needed encouragement after sticker shock from fish feed, so good to see better results. Neither cormorants nor geese on scene, though ducks and a bald eagle flew around. This time I managed to stay in the boat, no diving allowed!

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160