Interesting codes!!! It looks like there are a great deal of conflicting statements in the codes. You are not allowed to change the course of any running water. You can however use the stream in anyway like you would use any other part of your land. ...etc Man I am sure a lawyer had fun putting this together in a way such that it can be interpreted in any way by any individual however they felt like on any given day.

I did see that it did have a clause for generating power. Did you ever thing of adding a small generator on the outlet of the pond to generate power and thus maybe get by on that clause? If so then you could have power there for whatever you wanted for the pond ( i.e. aeration, lights ... etc )

Who knows, All I know is when you get lawyers involved it will cost you more than the project itself. Good luck with this and I hope your politicians can help straighten this out for you.

---------------------------------
1/10 - 1/4 acre pond plus 16 ft deep/ Plus 40 ft by 20 ft by 6 ft deep koi and fathead minnow pond next to it. Upstate NY