Dealing with govment folks can often be interesting. When we first bought our place it had a sewage lagoon in the back yard. We all hated it. We like to sit out back, and the often empty, leaky lagoon was horrible. I went to the county to try and get a septic system put in. The only option they gave me was a $12,000 system with pumps, and various field locations. That was more than I wanted to spend. So I borrowed a back hoe, dug a hole, bought a 1500 gallon tank and drain line, and just put in a system myself. I got a call from the county officer over sewage systems. She was in my back yard, and was staring at an illegal septic tank. I said, yep, I went ahead and did it myself. I was hoping the fine would be less than the $10,000 I saved.
She said she did know of one contractor that could put in a drain field legally, and she would approve my system. I said, ok give me his number. She handed the phone to him, he happened to be right there! He said for $2500 I’ll redo your drain field, and you’ll have an approved system. So I gave the ok, and said when can you do the job? He said, I’ve got all my equipment right here! Wow, what a lucky break huh? I said I’ll be there in two hours, I’d like to meet you. I got there in less than two hours. He was done and gone. I mentioned the exchange to a neighbor that’s good friends with the sheriff. The lady was fired shorty after that, but not before she approved my septic system..
What a racket.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023