I can't recommend them for several reasons.

Will they clean underbrush and sticker vines? Absolutely. Will it break your and your spouse's heart when you see them eaten by coyotes? Absolutely. We didn't want a guardian, so we did several things. We did have to put up 5' woven wire panels, and that can get pricey. T posts with barbed wire at the top and bottom, so no digging or climbing coyotes. We ran electricity to their shed, mounted a led outdoor light, and have power for an infrared heater. With their pen being adjacent to the house, they've done fine. We've got bobcats and coyotes on our game cameras, but haven't had any issues at all.

Goats like any livestock require shots, shelter, fresh water, and definitely a guardian for large areas. Donkeys work well. I have a friend that has regular pasture goats, for exactly what you're referencing, and even with a pyrenees, he loses goats every year.

Goats can be great pets, but you may question your decision when your doing four 3oz feedings a day. Baby goats can be pulled 2-3 days after they're born, and doing that feeding is how you get a permanent bond with them.

Having said all that, they help me with brush piles. Before and after pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached Images
IMG_4522 2.JPG

AL