Originally Posted by DreamcatcherDB
RobA, I'm searching for an answer on this same thing and came across your post. What did you end up doing and how did it turn out? I am actually building my dock on the ice since it should be around summer water level and reasonably flat enough to just put down some spacer blocks that I will set my headers on. I am also building with 2x10 headers and dock framing. I am most concerned with getting the finished deck elevation to be close to the deck of my pontoon (though I failed to measure that exact height in summer). When I looked up pontoon deck height online I see a variation from 13" to about 18". Considering that just my 2x10 headers plus my 2x10 framing plus my 2x4 decking will take up 20" plus any distance I shim the headers up, I am probably looking at about 24" above water line which would be as much as 11" above my pontoon deck.

RobA was last online here 2-26-2021.

If you can get to your pontoon boat, and the pontoons have a water line mark on them from sitting in the water can't you measure from that to the deck?

Using the Tommy Dock system, shouldn't the 2.10" header/framing + 2x4 decking get you a total of 12" height? I would put the bottom of the dock frame about 4"-6" higher than the high water line of the BOW. You really don't want it to be touching the water at any time, even with wave action.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).