Originally Posted by canyoncreek
I saw the beautiful thing showing up in the bottom left corner of your SMB picture.

I bet your YP and SMB will fatten up this fall and you will have a great YP spawn next spring with all the forage you have. I assume you don't have a bumper crop of bullfrogs or tadpoles anymore with the larger YP and SMB in there?

Thanks for the kind words CC. The APW is no longer spreading. I’m hoping it can hold its own, and stay around. Every patch and there must be 8 or 9 patches, has many frogs just sitting in the leaves. I’m expecting we will have even more BF tadpoles. I don’t know if the YP and SMB hit the frogs like LMB do. I don’t see very much surface activity on the pond, unless the feeder is going off.
We’ve had a late hatch of something. Either HBG or GSH. There are thousands of fry all over. I’m hoping the HSB I added last fall, will thin out whatever this hatch is. Once I shut off the feeder. I don’t feed very heavy anyway.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023