Originally Posted by Steve_
I did some number-crunching, to see what the different costs are between DamIt and SoilFloc.

1 15L Pail of DamIt costs $257.56 and treats 1614 sq ft, for a cost-per-sqaure-foot of 15.9 cents.

1 55 pound supply (27.5 pounds of Part A, and 27.5 pounds of Part B) costs $345 and treats 1750 sq ft for a cost-per-square-foot of 19.7 cents.

So DamIt is 19.3% cheaper than SoilFloc. These are only estimates, of course, as you may need more or less, depending on the size of your leak(s). Obviously, if SoilFloc is that much better and reliable, then it's worth spending the extra money on it.

Your math is correct, but I'll provide some different data for you.

1 unit of the two part polymer I'm using is $450. That's 55# linear, 55# crosslinked - 110#/ unit.

1 unit treats up to 4,000 sq ft. [application rate depends on daily vertical water loss - we're usually between 3000-4000].

Dammit is a linear polymer - linear polymers are not designed to address gravel, sand, rock etc. - that's where the crosslinked polymer shines.

Another factor to consider is freight...if Dammit is coming from AU I'm assuming it's more expensive than my polymer shipping from the Midwest. Freight averages $75-$150 for most projects depending on location and weight.

I've worked directly on 50 projects in NE [application] and consulted on 500+ more nationwide and have experience with all the pond sealing polymers available on the market. There's a reason I now use what I use - 90% success rate blows everything out of the water, and at a fraction of the price.

Always appreciate when the PB family allows me to help them resolve seepage issues - it's great way to expand my Pond Boss family and for members to support Pond Boss sponsors/volunteer moderators who help make this forum a free resource for all, too!

I'm always a call away - my time is free, happy to help walk through scenarios with anyone. Leaking ponds stink - help is available.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]