Originally Posted by scpd21
Hey all, new here.

So I dug a small pond earlier this summer on my back pasture but it won't hold water. I dug a couple test holes prior to digging and found clay but after digging the pond the ground appeared much more silty and rocky than I was hoping. Not huge, it's about 20 feet wide, 70 feet long and 5 feet deep. After filling it up full it drained completely in a little over a week so I re-dug the overflow pipe and tried packing it in better and now tonight (weather pending) I'm going to apply soilfloc. I bought 55lbs of part A and 55lbs of partB; my plan is to turn the fill pump off while applying and wait about an hour afterwards and then turn it back on. My thought is I don't want the water level to fall too much before the soilfloc has a chance to settle. It's cold water too as it's mostly from a mountain stream. Does that sound feasible? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Update:

So it's definitely leaking slower now that I got an application of soilfloc on . . it appears the bottom is pretty well sealed off but I'd like to get another treatment and attempt to seal off the walls better . . is two weeks between treatments enough time? I want to clear some of the grasses out around the top of the sides as well before I put another 100+ lbs in. Probably leaking around 1/2 inch every 2 hours now; I'd be real happy if my sump pump only had to run once a day going forward instead of a couple times.