For more detail of how I applied. YMMV.

Supplies:
Use 5mil or thicker disposable Nitrile gloves. Easier clean up, and if you get too slippery to hold stuff, switch out the gloves.
Use N95 masks (you should have plenty kicking about now). No good to get dust in your lungs.
Safety glasses or goggles, you don't want dust in your eyes or rub your eye. Very hard to get out. It wont hurt you, but annoying.
If too hot for a full suit, wear cloths you can chuck out.
Bare feet or wool socks. You will slip about in the boat, water shoes, or sandals, so kneeling is best. Knee pads that you use for gardening will help.
If you must cross 50' of water, get two lengths of 50' rope and two helpers. 100' need 2x100' lengths (etc). Tie each to ether end of the boat. Each helper will keep the boat positioned absolutely.
I used two of those large feed buckets to hold parts A and B on either end of the boat, easier to access and much less spill than a 5 gallon bucket.
People have used Solo cups, they collapse easily. I found using large plastic drinking glasses, one color or well marked for each type for throwing (A & B). Textured plastic will help keep a grip on the cup.
I tried using a spreader, but a single drop of water on the spreading mechanism ends the project as it gums up. Mine lasted abut 5 minutes as I splashed it to get in the boat. Went and got cups.

Applying:
I started from the shoreline, probably 12 feet away, and worked up and down the shoreline. You want to give yourself plenty of room to throw hard and wide. Don't get it on the shoreline. The further out and wide you can spread a pair of cups full, the better. If not, it glops up too much and captures air and floats. the goal is to sink it. A good throw will allow you to A/B an area (A first, B directly on top), then A/B half over a thrown area and into a new area (layering). You can tell when you have a good application when a light coating of material stays on top without sinking right away. Have your helpers move you in your throw widths when you ask.
I worked 4 passes, about 10' further out each. Then I worked my way back in and addressed areas that looked a little light on application. In total about an area 50x40' for a 1.5 units.

Notes:
Part A is snot, part B is gel clumps.
Part A will continue to swell and spread over the surface making the treated area look much larger than where you threw, but I assume it is a minority of un-sunken material.
Warm water it sinks faster, making it more difficult to track where you threw. Cold water it hangs around longer.
Algae in clear water will form on some material and lift it up with O2 bubbles a few days later. I doubt that is an issue, but if you have lots of bubbly algae, it may be best to treat the area several days ahead of time.