Getting kind of excited. Lost a whole 1/4" of water over a period of a WEEK. Yes, you read right, from losing near an inch a day to 1/4" in a week! Perhaps there is ground water making it in that I cannot see keeping things abnormally high after all the rain we had, but this is significant. It has been in the 80's and dry as well, so frankly I am shocked. This stuff WORKS.

More time will tell the real story as we go through one of our driest months: August.

The first attempt on the main downhill side of the dam improved things a bit, roughly slowed leaking to about 1/2 of what it was. (Earlier posts in this thread) I went from an a bit less than an inch a day, to a little less than 1/3 inch a day. The pond would still drain down about 3' in two months of summer to about the same point as before treating. Rain or no rain. Just took longer to get there.

This second application along the damn that follows the downhill slope on the "side" seems to be a major improvement. I assumed there is a junction/seam between undisturbed base soils (very low leakage) and the excavated soils which make the dam, creating a channel for water. No keyway was created/packed on this side, it was just run over with a dozer a few times, which we know is designed NOT to compact.

In addition, the cattails on the main dam are slowly fading away as they no longer have a steady seep of water to thrive on from the first application. I need to check the neighbor's "spring" that appeared in the middle of their field after we built the pond to see if it dried up with this latest application. The family renting that field for Soybeans are none too pleased with a tire eater out there.

Maybe I will finally be able to get my waterlilies to thrive instead of them drying up at the end of summer.

Last edited by liquidsquid; 08/06/21 01:05 PM.