Today from my deck I just stared at my empty pond hole thinking about how I hope I don't have to wait long for it to fill up. We just renovated our lake, it's just shy of 3 acres, or at least it's supposed to be. I want it to fill up so I can see how well it holds water. I am nervous. It held water pretty good for its previous life and I am hoping we didn't screw it up while digging it out.

I want to stock the BG, FHM and CC this fall. It has a large watershed and the rain we had in June in my area would have filled it up but we had a lot of rain that month. It was crazy watching all the water gushing in one end and flowing out the cut in the dam on the other. Now it's bone dry around here. We just had some rain come through Friday and Saturday and it either went north or south of us.

I have an exam on Tuesday and once I get that behind me, I'll have the rest of the week to get some much needed work done before our next rain chance on the coming weekend. I need to seed the dam and spillway ASAP. I have a trashcan full of fescue see and another trash bag full but I don't think it will be near enough. I have a few straw bales I plan to spread out but I don't think that will be enough either. I was contemplating as to whether I should purchase sod for the spillway. That's the only outflow we have for this lake and for the previous 40 years that my father owned it and that I now own it, it's worked remarkably well. It has remained grass covered and has never eroded. I hope to keep that going but realize it may be tough if I get off to a bad start.