Most of Misery has been monsooned over the last several days. 5.5" rainfall at my place Wednesday/Thursday last week, much more to the north and west of here.
Friday brought the coup de grace - 3.5" in 45 minutes.

The Missouri River at Jeff City went from 9' to 25' in 24 hours. It leveled off ~25.5', but it rained again most of last night and is still raining this morning. There was no time
to move machinery etc. out of the river and creek bottoms. Any flooding is bad. Flash flooding is worse.

I spent most of the weekend repairing the lane to my house. I knew the pond drain was going to cause problems after a heavy rainfall, and I'd gotten started working on it,
but I was too slow. The overflow got up onto the lane and cut it to base rock. Another spot above the pond is on a very slight incline, but long, ~400'. One track of that was
cut to the base rock for 200' or so. I was fortunate to have ~35 ton of inch-base crushed limestone on hand, so was able to make some good progress towards getting the
lane back in shape. I'll need another 50 ton or so to make it right.

6/25/21
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

6/27/21

There's a decent size willow tree down in the pond. It's rooted on neighbor guy's side of the fence on the back side of his pond dam. No way to get a machine in there to
drag it out without causing a lot of damage, so I'll have to tie it off on my side of the fence, cut it, then drag it out with the tractor. It will be awhile before it's dry enough to get
on the pond dam with a tractor.

The creek totally inundated my bait pond. It was 3' under by the time the rain stopped Friday evening. Went back there with a can of pellets yesterday evening and was
pleasantly surprised to find some of the BG/HBG stayed home during the flooding.