Originally Posted by Shorty
.... The large number of fry likely has to do with removing 375 large golden shiners in the last 10 months out of my 1/4 acre pond. Last August-September I removed 308 GSH, and then another 67 in late May/early June, that's roughly 1500/GSH per acre in mostly in the 6" to 6-1/2" size range. I should see some good growth rates on my RES and SMB, I can tell you that the fishing has become extremely tough in last couple of weeks.

I concur with your take on this Shorty. I guess it is too early since restocking to have harvested any RES but at some point harvest of RES could help to increase YOY production in years going forward.

I loved reading your updates on your GSH Eradication thread. It's crazy how many adult shiners you had in a quarter acre pond. I bet all your other fish feel like they can breathe again. That's an incredible amount of biomass you freed up for other fish to grow.

At standard weights ... Shorty has removed around 115 lbs/acre. This is very meaningful and I definitely agree that YOY production has been boosted considerably by the action.

Last edited by jpsdad; 06/26/21 08:31 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers