Originally Posted by TGW1
Frank, I just added Sonar this week to treat the BPW (Southern Niad). One Qt to treat the 3+ acre pond that has a lot of the BPW even though it is early spring and last year's plants may not have had their seeds sprouted as of yet. I have some Aquathol Super K if I need it later on. Like you, I wish my favored plants (APW) would make a comeback. I really like that plant for the LMB/BG. I am concerned that later on this summer when I add some new APW plants to the pond, will they make it? How long does the Sonar last when it comes to killing off the plants? Does anyone know, time-wise, when it might be successful to replant the APW? I don't get much water change from the rains for dilution so I am guessing it may be a good while before I can get desired plants established after the treatment.

The Bald Eagle was resting in a tree overlooking the pond the day I treated the pond.

Tracy, I don't know how long the treatment lasts. I expected weeds to come back by now, surprised they have not. I get a complete turnover of water about every 9 to 12 months, so there should be very little herbicide left.

I'm gonna have to adjust my plans if weeds don't return soon. May not be any point to stocking TFS if there aren't weeds for them to spawn on. Fell some more trees, add some manufactured cover as well. Miss the APW, that's for sure.

Last edited by anthropic; 04/04/21 01:00 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160