Originally Posted by RStringer
I got some good news. Talked to fella I know who has heavy equipment. Asked him how much he charges for 5 - 8 hours with his excavator. He said 300 if I operate it and 500 if he does. Also said he would just drop it off on a friday and pick it up on the monday. I said I didnt think you rented them out. Said he normally dosnt but knows all of my family and knows I grew up on equipment. Told him if never operated a excavator before. He said just a short lesson and I will have it. Not sure how big it is yet but coming in a few weeks. I'm excited and the wife wants me to shut up about it so we both win. I want to deepen it in a couple spots. Make a diving hold and set some post in for a dock. And small fishing platforms. Any suggestions welcomed. We are planning some type of structure at the peninsula we have but told the wife I wanted to do this this so it's not in the way.

I predict Rusto is going to have a huge grin on his face the entire time he is running the excavator!

My suggestion is to finish the planning on your emergency spillway project before you get the excavator. The excavator will make it very easy to complete the dirt work required for whichever final design you choose.

P.S. Make sure he installs the "FA" bucket on the excavator before he delivers it. laugh