I got some good news. Talked to fella I know who has heavy equipment. Asked him how much he charges for 5 - 8 hours with his excavator. He said 300 if I operate it and 500 if he does. Also said he would just drop it off on a friday and pick it up on the monday. I said I didnt think you rented them out. Said he normally dosnt but knows all of my family and knows I grew up on equipment. Told him if never operated a excavator before. He said just a short lesson and I will have it. Not sure how big it is yet but coming in a few weeks. I'm excited and the wife wants me to shut up about it so we both win. I want to deepen it in a couple spots. Make a diving hold and set some post in for a dock. And small fishing platforms. Any suggestions welcomed. We are planning some type of structure at the peninsula we have but told the wife I wanted to do this this so it's not in the way.

The people who say I can't do it can just sit the @^#% down and watch me. Friends call me Rusto I also subscribe to pond boss mag. http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504716#Post504716