I took my (14) year old son to our property where our main pond is, and we took a 125cc dirt bike, his 90cc quad, and a Honda Monkey 125cc up to ride the trails.

Our property is 75 acres with a 4.5 acre pond at one end. I truly hadn't been in and around the remaining non-pond acreage for years, maybe a decade or more.

I had a rough time even tracking the property lines of my land as so much plant/tree growth has occurred since I've been through the area. There's a lot more trails as people are riding through that acreage fairly regularly.

After riding for a few hours, we came down to ride some trails around the pond. We stopped at a 'flat' area next to the pond and got off the vehicles to look around a bit (kid was on the quad). My son walked away from his quad for about 10 seconds, and when we turned around, the quad was rolling...towards the pond....and then into the pond. My kid was basically watching it as it submerged and then rolled on its side as a current started to move it 'downstream.' I told him (yelling) to get his ass in the water and get it. He did...after the shock wore off.

Of course, the water temps was around 50 degrees, and he had no change of clothes, so the riding ended as we built a fire to warm him up.

I then tried to shift him to the 125cc dirt bike, and myself on the Monkey. He took a few laps around our dirt road, and determined that he was too cold to continue riding.

It was about 60 degrees out, so a nice day for March in PA.

Quad is going in for service today. Water in everything.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."