Had a blast last few days out at the pond. Friend from Ft Worth fished and caught a 6 and 7 pound LMB, along with several very nice HSB and one he couldn't stop. Trout are biting, too. I joined in the fun with a 4 lb LMB and a big momma at least double that who jumped twice and spat the lure. Also caught some trout, but lost one that looked more like a salmon. Next time!

Only negative was that when a fellow pondmeister showed up to get harvest some CNBG together, the durn things wouldn't bite. Of course, the next evening they came in like gangbusters, but too late.

Two trees felled in the pond, would like two more. Cormorants still leave the entwined forage pond alone, looks like success. By clapping loudly, I've even kept in the dirty birds away from the main BOW. Geese, on the other hand, scorn my best efforts.

Hummingbird feeders went up yesterday, so far no takers. I fertilized the pond today, saw bald eagle, six wood ducks and a kingfisher. Geese didn't approve and let me know it. Don't know if the one I hooked recognized me, but I noticed that one of them stayed far away.

Last edited by anthropic; 03/22/21 06:14 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160