Dave, that sounds good that you're going to meet with the local sheriff. I hope he sounded willing to help, or at least interested. I would also ask him how you may be able to make a donation to his Fraternal Order.

My local police have very much wanted to help, and more importantly, they have wanted my help in coming to any trials and testifying. For one of the guys who ripped off some of my small 100cc dirt bikes, he had prior bad acts and was on probation. His act of "Receiving Stolen Property" landed him his third strike and a multi-year stay in the PA State Pen (different than Penn State, mind you).

The officers explained to me that they spend so much time on dealing with the crimes that this guys does, and that the only thing that may have an impact on him is some jail time. I guess we'll see when he gets out in about two years.

I tried to tactfully ask one of the officers how "rough" it was in the State Pen. He caught the drift of my question, and just said "yes, oh yes. It's bad in there."

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."