Matt,

Its great to see you having a great time with your son. I hope you are panfrying them. That's the size we usually keep in the ponds around here. Pan fried in bacon fat with a good coating of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and cornmeal ... yum! My kids dominate a plate of them and its hard to get any LOL!

There was something I recently tried with trout that may help to get the bones out ... though I haven't tried it yet with BG. It involves allowing the pan fried fish to cool enough to hold and then holding upside down. Just reach down and grip the backbone and pull up through the cavity. Would be a good idea to have already removed the anal fin. This worked great on trout which have pin bones and might also work with BG. My kids love to eat pan fried BG. They eat crispy fins too. My wife isn't fond that practice ... but who is she to judge? As a kid, while eating squirrel, she'd crack open the skull and dine on the brains right along with her dad, LOL!

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers