I never realized how much I would use one till I got it.

Not only do I cut limbs up high, which I expected, I use it to cut stuff like briar bushes or sprouts that with a regular chain saw you have to fight the brush and get scratched up wading in to get to the base. Where I waded in through brush and briars with a regular chain saw with the pole saw just reach in and get it done.

I thought it was horribly expensive for such a small saw. Heck you can buy a big chainsaw for the same price. But once I had one do not want to be without it. Just makes some work more productive. No more having someone lift me up in the tractor loader or telehandler to cut off limbs. One man job. Safer too.

One thing to be careful of using one. There is that temptation to reach juuuussst a little higher and cut that limb right over the top of your head. It is surprising just how much a 2" diameter limb hurts when it hits you over the head. Keep the reach within limits so the limb falls other than where you are standing. Also cutting a limb with branches sticking out, that one you did not anticipate can whack you. I have learned rather than cutting a limby big branch off, cut it in a couple or three places and bring it down in smaller sizes. The saw cuts the limbs so fast it just takes a jiffy and less likely for a limb to get you.

Last edited by snrub; 10/12/20 08:40 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine