You have a good news, bad news situation...good news is the timber for fish cover, bad news is the timber is also the absolute favorite place for water turkeys to pick their teeth and catch some rays after eating your fish and rest up for the next day's feeding on your fish.

As I said in my previous post, yes they migrate north in the spring and return in the fall. The 4 birds you have now will probably leave and not return this year until fall if you give them a little encouragement to move.

However, like the bad penny they will return next October with all their friends and family. If you want to have forage fish and if you want to grow out LMB, you better be ready.

I'm located probably less than 20 miles from you over off the 2500 extension. Come over and compare notes some time. I'd offer to let you fish but the water turkeys caught them all...just kidding, but seriously, do not treat them lightly and do not listen to those who say they are harmless. Where we are located, the water turkeys pose the biggest threat to your fish...much bigger than any other problem you will encounter or will see discussed on this Forum. Believe me, I've been there.