I've been mulling over the weed-mat problem. Unlike last year, it did not diminish at all, over this past winter in New Zealand and the water is smelling quite anaerobic, despite the flowforms' aeration. What to do . . .?

More for floating debris than watermeal or duckweed, over in this thread, Busarider29 mentions a surface skimmer requirement.

After casting about the Interwebz, I came across this site. It was hard work wading through the oil, but some good came of the effort. Eventually, I got to this page, which made me a little more optimistic.

This video was impressive.

As the prices are eye-wateringly expensive, I searched the pondboss forums, but could not find any forumite mentioning experience with floating weed control using this commercial item.

I sent an email to the company, asking for details rather than sales fluff, puff and bluster, but it seemed to reach someone whose written comprehension ability was limited. (Being polite, there.) 90% plus of the reply was exactly what I'd asked not to be sent. Doh!

From amidst all the blurb, I did glean one important item. The purchase price was $NZ6,092.07. Plus freight; plus pump; plus hose; plus whatever is used to retain the weed but allow the water to return to the pond.

Bejabbers!

Last edited by PerryNZ; 08/22/20 02:14 AM.