Thanks. I was very pleased. Kind of hated to remove from the pond but it was in the wrong pond. It went to the fillet pen and got sacrificed this morning.

Decided to do some cast net sampling in this RES/SMB pond just to see what I would come up with. Could not believe it when I started pulling up adult SMB with my tiny 6' cast net. Not just a few either. One cast I pulled up three at once with one about a foot long and the other two 15" or better. Continued around the bank and would get at least one that size in every cast. Would occasionally pull up a fingerling RES also with them. I guess they got used to me feeding them by hand around the pond and had come up close to shore waiting for feed.

I expected to get a few 6" SMB and hoped to get some RES but could not believe I got around 10 adult SMB in short order. Went on around the pond and found an area where I finally started getting some RES in higher numbers. A couple medium size ones and finally hit a honey hole where I pulled up quite a few RES fingerlings. Was glad to see that because it means they had a successful spawn earlier.

Forgot my phone that outing so no pictures. I wanted to get the big SMB back in the water ASAP anyway. Just took a quick glance at them and opened the net back up and into the water.

Last edited by snrub; 07/11/20 01:56 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine