Fished just a short time in my small 1/10th acre sediment pond just to see what was in there. Lots of runoff and terribly turbid water earlier this spring with lots of flow through I was not expecting much. With the dry weather it is finally clearing up enough so the fish can see the bait.

Caught a few mutts that I clipped the fins and fed to the LMB and CC in the main pond. But also caught a half dozen nice smaller RES about 5-6" long. Happy to see those in there. Caught a couple of colorful CNBG that size too. Wife caught a small LMB. A lot of action for the half hour we fished right at dusk.

This pond really doesn't get managed much as it is just to catch sediment before it goes into the main pond. But it is kind of fun to fish it just to see what is there once in a while. Probably a lot of YOY fry dump over in the main pond in big rain events. Get a lot of natural hybrids produced in this pond that I believe is because of the turbidity in spring the males/females maybe have trouble at times determining species.

Last edited by snrub; 06/29/20 05:08 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine