Thanks for advice, this is the first year I have had duck weed double every day. OMG I can not remove it fast enough I used the tyrap spiked rope with floats I learned about here or maybe in the magazine and corralled and scooped out. Four days later pond was totally covered again. ( the floating tyrap spiked rope worked amazingly) Thought my aeration had something to do with it since this is the first year I aerated. I cannot control the exponential growth when I do spray new growth just pushes over dead growth overnight to the bank. I am afraid to spray any more and suffer depletion of oxygen. Duck weed is blocking sun and is keeping algae in containment. I agree pond dye will be of no use now so I am thinking I should shut off aerator because it stirred up a lot of nutrient but water clarity still 1 1/2 ft. I can not remove it fast enough. Waking every morning now expecting to smell the dreaded dead fish smell. Thinking this might be a good time to move into a cave for this and several other reasons.

If it ain't broke fix it.