Well, i didn't know where my leak was in my .25 acre puddle. I had a helper and we marked out the lanes on the grass but it turns out it isn't that fussy. we just had a rope on each end of the lane and you could easily see where the white film was on the water...so we just moved over another 3 feet or so into open water and broadcast to cover about 3' swaths at a time. The stuff floats around and merges even in the lightest wind so we did a good heavy coating till it was gelling on top. Then went around the edges and broadcast heavy on the edges. The hope was that putting some up on the banks would allow the water to come up higher and stay higher too.

I think my first application worked great. i easily could see less daily water loss. i just had 2 units left and wanted to use them and not store them. So i did my first application in late summer or early fall, the next one the next summer and used the last of it later that next fall. I don't know that the other applications helped that much more but it is likely that ground water seams could open up so a retreatment made sense to me.

I still have the luxury of almost no vegetation although I worry my heavy layer of non-decaying oak leaves in the deep may block the action of the polymer. I might just buy a unit of each and retreat some time again as i can really tell that the sand in the shallows gets rock hard like the sand grout between your patio stones in the shallows and to me that is good for something..