Well, I finally applied the Soilfloc to the dam. I spent almost two weeks of sporadic time tossing in a rake and pulling out Chara. It just kept coming out! Then I rolled probably a ton of stone back up and out that I dumped in when I clean up stones to mow (10lb rocks and up). I am getting in shape...

So what I wound up doing is waiting for a very light breeze from the north to help keep stuff contained on the south side of the pond. I cast a fair amount from shore to about 6' out, and went over twice with two coats but not quite enough to just sit on top white clumps. Then I strung two lines across the pond of the paracord about 4' apart parallel to the dam, and 30' out. I then ran the cord through the gunwales of my little blow-up boat to keep it aligned.

I put part A in one large feed bucket, and part B in another at either end of the boat. I used smaller canning jars to cast it. Those jars didn't work all that well. I should have some larger cups or something without a restrained mouth.

So I was easily able to run the boat back and forth across the pond, and kept casting it towards the dam. The light breeze kept pushing it towards the material I cast from shore and would sort of run into it and stay. I was able to go back and forth 4 times when it finally backed up to the boat. I cast more to the point it was starting to sit on the surface in glops.

Mistake 1. Should have done it while on a colder day. I couldn't take the heat in the painting suit, so I stripped to shorts and a shirt. The dust stuck to my sweat and my cloths.
Mistake 2. Bare hands. Wow, this stuff is near impossible to finally get off!
Mistake 3. Expecting clean-off in the lawn with cold water to not take long. The slime just keeps coming! Soap, water, scrub, lava soap, water, my God it wont stop! Tossed out my cloths. Don't want that stuff in the septic tank for obvious reasons.
Mistake 4. Trying to unwind the paracord by chucking it. One big knot which took about 15 minutes to sort out.
Mistake 5. Expecting to ever use the blowup boat again. It is covered with dust and damp material. If it is anything like trying to clean myself off, it is done.

This morning there was a breeze from the opposite direction, but absolutely no indication of any Soilfloc on the surface or on the bottom. I worry I didn't apply enough, but I wound up only using 1.75 units. I have 2.25 left over! I may treat the west end in a similar fashion as I think I have a slow leak in the very bottom there also.

I am really hoping the backside of the dam finally dries up so I can actually mow it. Let alone slowing any leaks. Fingers crossed this has an impact in a few days time!