Been catching a bunch of SMB from this pond and transferring mostly to the main 3 acre pond but also a few to the old refurbished 1 acre pond. Pretty easy to catch 3-5 within a a half hour, put them in a bucket with water, and take them to the other ponds. Probably about 20 of them so far this spring from 6" to 12" in length. Lot of times catch them like BG by not even casting the lure but just swinging it out like a cane pole right near the bank. I'm certain this pond has more than it needs and they need to be thinned simply by how easy they are to catch. Have never caught anything much over 2#. Man are they fighters. I fish a lot with mashed down barb on the hook and they can jump out of the water and spit that lure out like nothing.

Anyone that likes high catch rates, I recommend SMB. Of the ones I have transferred to my main pond I catch a disproportionate amount of SMB compared to LMB. The things have voracious appetite, eat at the feeder, and are not afraid to bite a lure. I really like them.

The third picture is a bullfrog tadpole. Have hundreds of these that scurry away from the bank as we travel around the pond in the UTV. Netted a couple to take a closer look. Growing legs so soon will be frogs.

Last picture is a nice RESxGSF hybrid that I am trying to eradicate from this pond. They were a stocking mistake where I raised fingerling RES in my forage pond. I transferred a few that were too small for me to notice they were hybrids (had a GSF in my forage pond that crossed with the RES). My mistake. Pretty fish, but it went to the old refurbished pond. Was going to fillet it but decided it was too pretty and let it live.

Attached Images
20200510_161255.jpg 20200510_162809.jpg 20200516_135803.jpg 20200510_160958.jpg

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine