Originally Posted by Bill Cody
Optimal tells me the juvenile perch do well on the bluegill pellet they make.

I talked to the folks at Optimal before I stocked YP. Clayton recommended putting them on Optimal Jr. once they were big enough to eat it, and then keeping them on it.

I'm just now getting to the end of the Starter #3 that I bought to feed the stocker YP and RES, so I ordered a bag of Jr. a few days ago.

If I'm understanding your previous comments correctly, you're suspecting that the 10% lipid formulations are good for growing perch, but may be cutting short their ultimate potential due to liver issues.

It seems a jump to the 9mm pellet size bass formula from starter would be a stretch for my fish.

I'm thinking that a transition from the starter to the Jr. to the BG then to the bass formula would be a way to get the fish moving to pellets that are more suited to the size of the fish.
Maybe buy a bag of the BG formula now and mix it with the Jr. and once they are accustomed to the larger pellets introduce the bass formula to the mix?

Am I over-thinking this?

#1 goal for the pond is growing/maintaining/propagating healthy Snipe-strain YP.