Canyon don't let me fool you into thinking I am some deep thinker, just an educated skeptic at best, I appreciate your comments too. I am not sure much of my feed ever gets to sink, it is a splashing, slurping, free for all sort of deal when I throw it. I have also seen it blown along shore the next day if it was too windy or I made a bad throw, which happens. They go after it quickly and consume it all then all at once when the pellets are gone they splashing quits. I I have seen the aggressive feeding behavior with Mellick and Aquamax both. It is most pronounced on the colder water temperature side of things as Bill mentions and by July/August things slow down for a period then ramp up as the water cools in the fall. I think the larger fish tend to move deeper in warmer water temps too making them less active on feed. I also think that natural food supplies balloon at this time causing less active feeding, I have no science to back that up though.

Thanks for the input as well Bill, I will reach out to my fish guy today on the feed. He seems more focused on Koi, HSB and HBG but it can't hurt to see what he is using for feed since this became an issue. If I never thanked you before I surely can't thank you enough for your help when I put many of these puzzle pieces together with regard to my pond. I have not seen many but there are still FHM reproducing in this pond as well, 12 years this August is when I put them in, a season ahead of the perch and they are still here too.

Last edited by JoeG; 05/20/20 06:30 AM.